Social Media Ambassador & Storyteller for South End
Do you love South End? Help us tell the story of the places, people and businesses who make this place great!
We are currently seeking a storyteller and content manager for our social media platforms and website. This is a temporary, contract position with potential for longer-term engagement. Details below. Applications are due by January 12, 2017.
- Manage the South End content and brand presence on key social media channels, including Instagram (@SouthEndCLT), Twitter (@SouthEndCLT) and Facebook (Historic South End).
Curate content and create posts that highlight the South End lifestyle – living here, working here, playing, shopping and dining. Manage brand voice and interactions on social media.
- Social media planning & promotion for signature events: Craft Crawl, Art & Soul of South End, Small Business Saturday, Gallery Crawls, Community Meetings
- Curate and edit the South End email newsletter, every other week.
- Curate content and write the monthly South End Gallery Crawl guide, monthly.
- Maintain the calendar listings of events on HistoricSouthEnd.com
- Maintain business listings on HistoricSouthEnd.com
- Attend events in South End to interact with businesses, residents and stakeholders and capture new content (images and news) for use across platforms – at least 1 per week
- Experience in communications and social media, journalism, and/or writing.
- Extensive knowledge of South End and willingness to dive in
- Excellent communication skill, attention to detail, and ability to listen
This is a contract position, with compensation to be negotiated in advance at a set rate and billed regularly.
Time required: 10-20 hours per week
Send your resume, a brief cover letter, and work sample (see below) to employment@CharlotteCenterCity.org with South End in the subject heading. Applications are due by January 12, 2017.
Your work sample should include at least 3 sample social media posts (including photos) of your own creation that represent the South End voice and lifestyle, and a brief writing sample describing an event, business, place or person in South End.
If the photos are not your own, reference the source and how you acquired them.
PDF of job listing: South End Storyteller 2017