Get Out and Get Active with These Free and Almost-Free WorkoutsOctober 29, 2017 5:03 pm
With run clubs, cycling groups and workout classes, the options for workout groups in South End are abundant! Almost every night of the week there is a group getting together to be active, meet new people and maybe enjoy a brew or two. With these free or low-cost workouts, there’s no need to sign up or RSVP, just show up ready to run, ride or flow.
- The Lenny Boy Run Club meets every Sunday at 11:00 am for a run on the Rail Trail. After finishing a mostly flat route lasting between one and four miles, treat yourself to a ten dollar growler fill.
- If running was just your warm up, stick around for Sip and Sweat Boot Camp at Lenny Boy Brewing starting at noon. The five dollar class is put on by Work for Your Beer and includes a six ounce pour of Lenny Boy kombucha to cool down after class. Bring a yoga mat and wear athletic shoes.
- Start your week off with MADabolic’s South End Rail Run starting from Good Bottle Co. every Monday at 6:30 pm.
- Meet up with South End Run Bots every Tuesday at 6:30 pm for one-mile, three-mile and five-mile running routes. You can run for free or join the group for $30 to receive a shirt that gets you a free beer each time you wear it to the run.
- Ultra Running Company hosts a Wednesday night run at 6:00 pm that kicks off with a quick lesson on cadence, lean, posture or foot strike before starting a route on the Rail Trail.
- Sycamore Brewing’s Wednesday night run club meets 6:30 pm for one-mile, three-mile and five-mile routes that go through South End and Dilworth. This run welcomes pups as well!
- On Wednesday nights at Unknown Brewing, five dollars gets you a yoga class, a pint of beer and a free day pass from Charlotte Athletic Club. The class starts at 6:30 pm and you’ll need to bring your own yoga mat.
- Triple C Brewing has Thursdays covered with a run club and yoga class starting at 6:30 pm. The run club is free and is a flat route on the Rail Trail. Yoga with Yoga Dude is five dollars but includes a free beer after class. Bring your own mat if you’ll be joining in the yoga class.
- In case you miss Sycamore’s Wednesday night run club, swing by on Saturdays at 11:45 am for the same routes.
- If cycling is more your specialty, join Unknown Bike and Brew at 2:30 pm for a 10, 25 or 35 mile loop around Charlotte.
For more workout classes and events, check out the South End Calendar.