South End Small Business Saturday
Kick off the holiday shopping season in South End on Small Business Saturday, November 24, 2018, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Explore local shops, restaurants and breweries and find holiday gifts at three one-day-only pop-up markets.
150 local shops, 70 places to eat and drink, and free trolley rides throughout the district. Maps and free shopping totes will be up for grabs throughout the neighborhood.
Park anywhere, grab a ride from LYFT or ride in on the light rail: we’ve got you covered so you can leave your car and spend the day carefree. Park once (list below) and then hop on one of the free trolleys to get around the district from shop to shop.
Start your day in one of the three festival hubs:
- Camden Road, start at East-West Boulevard and Camden, arm yourself with a map and directions from a friendly tour guide and set out to explore the great shops, restaurant and art galleries on and around Camden. Pop-up shops will line the street leading you to the brick and mortar shops who will have doors open, music playing, festive snacks and gifts.
- 2525 Distribution Street, with Dudeapalooza at C3 Lab. 11am – 5pm. Plentiful parking, local shops featuring gifts for dudes (and no potpourri), original works of art for sale, and the C3 Biergarten with a heated outdoor tent, Triple C Brewery pouring and food trucks slinging BBQ goodness. Then take the free trolley to the next stop…
- Lincoln Street, between Church and Mint, where pop-ups will line the streets, and you can explore music, shop for gifts, art and decor, and beverages from Unknown Brewing. Then take the trolley back to grab a bite to eat or back to where you started…
Getting Here, Parking Here
Get there without the stress of getting there, thanks to LYFT. Unlock your $10 ride credit with code SOUTHENDRIDE.
There is plentiful parking on-street and off-street throughout South End. Here are a few options:
- Design Center parking deck at Doggett & Hawkins (paid)
- Design Center surface lot at Worthington & Hawkins (paid)
- Little Hardware parking lot at Mint & Bland (paid, $3/day)
- Gravel lot across the street from Little Hardware at Mint & Bland (paid, $3/day, via app)
- Gravel lot at Mint Street between Palmer and Quincy (paid, via ParkIt app)
- Free weekend parking is available on-street throughout South End, try: Church, Summit, S Tryon, Camden, Kingston, Hawkins or Distribution streets
- Free parking is available in the surface lots near C3 Lab (2525 Distribution St)
- Free parking is available at the free park-and-ride lots on the light rail line at Scaleybark station, and the stations further south at Woodlawn, Tyvola, Archdale, Arrowood, Sharon Road West, and I-485 S. Ride the light rail for $2.20 per trip or $6.60 for unlimited rides on a day pass
For a true South End experience, ditch your car and use the light rail, LYFT, free trolley rides, two wheels or your own two feet to explore the neighborhood.
2018 Pop-Up Market Shops
Looking for the name of that magical shop you discovered? Wishing you’d bought something you didn’t make it back for? We’ve got you!
The pop-up shops are listed alphabetically here.
Applications for Pop-Up Markets
South End Small Business Saturday is an event that celebrates the great local businesses and unique retail in South End. The event highlights retailers in South End and includes special pop-up retail events that focus on a select mix of unique local businesses.
National chains not located in South End are not eligible to participate in the South End Small Business Saturday pop-up events, nor are online and direct sales lines that are not locally produced or curated.
Applications for the 2018 Small Business Saturday pop-up markets are closed.
Information about 2019 Small Business Saturday will be posted here.
Highlights from Small Business Saturdays Past:
Everything You Need To Know to Shop Small & Local in South End – Scoop Charlotte (2016)
Shop Local and Join a South End Neighborhood Tradition – Crown Town Living (2014)
Shop Micro Local – South End Blog (2014)
Small Business Saturday Returns to South End – Charlotte Observer (2014)
Get to Know the Stores in Scoop Charlotte’s South End Furniture Crawl – Scoop Charlotte (2014)
Update on the South End Furniture Crawl on 11/29 – Scoop Charlotte (2014)